Sunday 19 June 2016

Watchers - A new work in progress that will be available on this blog only for the foreseeable

Please, please bear in mind that this is a works in progress - and therefore there will be spelling errors, typos and name changes. But I hope you enjoy.  


Watchers


EPILOGUE



I can feel my skin being ripped from my body, my bones popping out of their sockets. The pain is excruciating, and I scream so loudly. I call for him. I call for my mum and dad. I call to anyone who can hear me, but mainly I call for him. Then I remember he said it was like drifting off into the dark, and there was a warmth that surrounded him. I feel it now, I feel the warmth and the silence. . I look around, their faces are wild and their teeth sharp. The evil that inhabits them is shooting through my body, but I still feel no pain. In the distance I see it, I see the light. I don't know if it's the passing over or if I will become a watcher, but the light, it's trying to push through. I want to reach for it but I can't move. There's nothing left of me anymore, and the light drifts away. The darkness and warmth hits me. The darkness of death consumes me and I can close my eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment