Tuesday 26 July 2016

Dating: This cat does not want to go phishing thanks.

Oh where do I begin... As you all know (as I have shoved it in your faces repeatedly) I am single and there are many, many reasons for this. And, as you all know I have ventured onto the dating scene, had one date which went well but not going to push something that didn't feel right, and been talking to many others.

Until, I met this one person, and I say person because suspicions were ringing out the minute the conversation started. If he (?) didn't feel they could be themselves to me then that is what makes me not want to know them.  I do not understand the need to pretend to be someone you are not. Ask the poor date I had, I literally laid bones on the table and said there, don't like it then hah! So why pretend to be someone you are not? I've watched Catfish and have seen where it can all lead.

I know there are people who just feel the need to lie, and they end up living some imaginary life where the lines between fiction and reality become blurred. Still, what is so wrong with being who you are?

The times are not like they used to be thirty-years ago. The Marty Mcfly of this era is seen as a trend now, the gamer who sits in the converted gaming room is someone to aspire to. The black hair and dark makeup that gives you your look doesn't send old people running across the road in fear anymore. I am me, a numpty and a prat at the best of times, but it's me. I have debts, I drive a car that has more disco warning lights than nuclear reactor, and I'm human. I burp (at the wrong times) and blow off (if i'm asleep I do wake myself to excuse it :s) but i'm me. I got hit by a car years ago and have a big scar on my forehead that turns to a lump when i frown - I just tell people my brains too big to fit in my head. But, I don't have to look at it, so if others have an issue, they can look away.

I don't want to have to put pictures in to google image search to check that a person is who they say they are. Life's too short for having to worry about all that. Still, I don't think i'll be one of the lucky to meet a partner on the sites, so i'll go back to meeting at the pub or in town.

I say that now, but what will i tell you all about if i did haha?
Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment